Thread: Licensed Zettai Karen Children
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 10:08   Link #50
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I have to agree with the few who just are not bothered by Aya Hirano in this show at least. I don't get the grudge against her for winning popularity contests. In the end, that's what it is. Most movies I love never win the Oscar, but that doesn't really mean much in the end except for popular perceptions. I still think Aya is a pretty high calibur and more importantly, *popular* talent. I know she has a bit of a love it or hate it quality to her, but I guess I'm the rare case of not really siding with either. But I still think she is a professional and might be getting too much of a flack for being insanely popular.

As for the fanservice, I wouldn't have minded if there were pantyshots personally. Just not a big deal IMO. But all the major teases with the skirts just BARELY making it there is all a bit fanservicey to me. The girls, most importantly, are just adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Branding every young female charater as 'loli' really doesn't help. I wish this would stop.
Yep. The whole American standard of loli (basically everything below 18 years of age) to Japanese standards which is more to the kiddish side of age 10 or so.

I think the Zettai Karen girls are definitely free to go as far as fanservice goes. I doubt they'd do anything truly lewd since it IS the Hayate staff doing this. We'll probably see a lot of cutesy or even TASTEFUL fanservice like in Hayate.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote