View Single Post
Old 2008-10-24, 23:10   Link #70
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Even super-powered Moria couldn't hurt Luffy with blunt attacks.

However, a Haki amplified blunt attack can hurt him, even if the underlying power isn't that great.

I sometimes think that Luffy is a bit closer to being Logia user than most Paramecia - he's like the "incarnation of rubber".
Is it the Haki that is hurting him, or is his power simply being negated? I postulated in the Haki thread that the ability of Haki could be used against Logia users to momentarily negate their power, to forcefully turn them solid (which might be how Rayleigh fought Kizaru), so maybe that is what is going on in this fight. Haki is being used to momentarily 'seal' the Devil Fruit abilities of the opponent. The Snake sisters are using a minor form of Haki to negate Luffy's powers, which, consequently, allows him to be hurt by physical/blunt attacks, which generally have no effect on him.

I am not saying that this idea is correct, rather I am questioning the logistics of a Haki powered punch being that much more powerful than a regular punch from the plethora of strong villains that Luffy has fought. Which is more likely, a Haki-powered punch is 100 times stronger than a punch from Lucci (a man equal if not physically stronger than Luffy), or a Haki-powered punch slips past the devil fruits abilities and deals the damage as if the DF-users body was normal?