Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Photo Kano
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 05:07   Link #266
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
The big difference is, though, that Junichi didn't come off as a "creep" to me during Sae's Arc.

Junichi definitely came off as a bit more obviously perverted than the other arcs (and felt a bit cornier with the narrator, lol), but he didn't come off as a hypocrite in that respect either. It came off as more normal to me and didn't make me think less of him because of that. It's not like he blackmailed Sae into doing anything with/for him or anything or try to take advantage of her innocent and shy nature. and despite his occasional perverted moments (that rarely ever went further than blushing and looks, which is surprising considering what he did with Haruka and Kaoru, lol), Junichi never got off-track on his promised goal of helping Sae.

Junichi sincerely encouraged and supported Sae and that's what naturally drew her to him. In fact, IIRC, SHE was the one to really initiate the relationship between them and not him (which also goes to show how his instruction actually did pay off by giving her enough confidence to do so). He actually held himself back because he knew they weren't in any sort of actual relationship; he was just Miya's big brother helping one of her (attractive) friends.
Well, the whole Junichi x Sae situation feeds on the whole teacher-student falls in love fantasy...minus the age difference (which makes it alright!).
Junichi may not have come off as a "creep" (not my words ), but the situation felt a little disturbing (in my opinion, and just a little) due to this power trip.
I'd say the power trip was more for us viewers than for Junichi, whereas in this show's case, the power trip is equally on Kazuya and us viewers which is why this is more "creepier" than Amagami SS.
Quite honestly, I haven't quite found the word I'm looking on describing how I feel about this show .

To expand on what Setsuna Asuka said, it's not blackmail if she asks for it and enjoys it.
I'm not really saying this is a problem, but it's got a lot more adult undertones than I expected.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote