View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 20:18   Link #1590
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Var - As you may or may not know I'm not a huge fan of superquoting because it's quite easy to just say the opposite of a quote, but this is so much $hit I might have to break that rule a bit...I'll ignore your points via proxy as I'm more interested in debating you..If wanted to debate him or her, I think we know I'd do it...

Ugh...

Quote:
Schneizel's calming reaction comes after the three of them are surprised. So I'm not sure what your talking about, because his calm demonour so suddenly after being caught off guard is the same as your revered smirk you keep mentioning. A person who picks himself up that quickly has something more to add, if he did not he'd have been like Cornelia, protesting the idea not stopping it. I do not know what literature you've read, but when people act collect so quickly after being surprised means (usually) that they have further things up their sleaves than what was already put on the table
Well for what it's worth I have a degree in Journalism, English, and Theater so I know a little bit about theatrical techniques I think (Eventhough my spelling sucks at times^^), but moving along your point was that Schniezel (Can't tell you how much I hate writing his name trying a way to spell it that doesn't annoy me and all), that his hand raising to calm down Cornelia is somehow equal to a clear or subtle, first-person-centric indicator to the audience that he had something up his sleeve (Regarding the OOC Kill Zero set-up) just doesn't pass the sniff-test...That scene was 3 people being shocked at Ougi's request...Even Dullindal smirks at that suggestion...Again until you provide something that connects the dots in a way that trumps the dramatic effect and set-up for Rolo's rescue your just gerbiling in that circle...

Your point is because it happened, that is the indicator for why it happened (Which in my view doesn't exist in this episode)...My point is the reasoning behind it happening skipped some letters in the alphabet to keep the indicator hidden just enuff for the plot-twist...CG DOES THIS CONSTANTLY...Do I really have to go thru the list of how many times this show gives sketchy or non-existent details to hide the twist from the audience(Not that it always does a great job)...

Quote:
Seeing as how letters can equal whatever the fuck I want them too, I think that equation works just fine.
Well it doesn't matter if you think A's for Apples and J's for Jacks you still haven't remedied the fact that you have no evidence for how it goes from "Hand over my brother" to "Kill him unilaterally in cold blood on sight"...Until you can scoop any evidence out of that bowl of yours that exists in this episode, your just eating alphabet soup...

Quote:
As I said before, there is little on the table for you to explicitly state that he wanted Lelouch alive. You are speculating that he did based on past actions but those actions failed everytime because Lelouch would escape. Do you not think it reasonable for a man like Schneizel who wants to win to learn and correct this problem? Especially when Lelouch is of little use to him?
And this is where I win...All great questions...Beautiful questions....Now I'll ask you for the last and final time, GIVE ME THE EVIDENCE IN THIS EPISODE THAT MAKES THE QUESTIONS YOU JUST ASK HAVE CREDIBILITY? Give me the timecode, give me the instant, give me anything that points to Schneizel thinking of any of these questions in-between his negotiations with the BK's and their subsequent unilateral firing squad...Anybody can have questions...I can throw questions outta my bedroom window and hit poodles all night...But it's much harder to throw answers...And while I'm not a big supporter of the whole Sherlock Holmes absence of evidence theory, I'm getting there...

Past actions by Schnizzle only serve as a template for viewing and//or comparing the current situation DEVOID of the actual content to truly know the answer...You're claiming to know the answer when there is no real answer...The literary answer is a clear scenario-creation with the expressed ideal of creating an overly dramatic moment that engages the Rolo plot twist...Because any smart idea that supports your questions has Schnizzle killing Lulu immediatley...Even after Kallen walks away you have more than enuff time to kill him if that was your expressed mean...

It was a set-up, which betrayed the character flow because it skipped a step...If it doesn't skip the step there is no surprise moment with the BK's surrounding Zero with guns blazing...That's why it was OOC because it gives us two pieces of bread (The negotiation is one slice, the BK killing squad is the other slice), but it skimped on the meat...Now show me the slice of meat that connects the sandwich? That's right your piece of meat is in the fridge, otherwise known as offscreen...My point has always been that the disconnect between these two events makies it OOC by default...It has no choice but to be...

This post is long enuff I'll address your points on paranoia at some point later if I feel like it...