View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 02:39   Link #492
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
To me he'd just have to oppose the protagonists,in this case the MGs,and since MGs themselves aren't really out to save humanity either (or at least Kyoko and Homura aren't) being opposed to the MGs doesn't have to mean he wants to destroy Humanity,in the end I could see "saving humanity" as not really relevant to the plot.
I'm trying to think of what Kyubey and the MGs would get into an epic fight over if it wasn't the magical girl system being horribly bad for the world, and I'm drawing a blank there. However, I have to admit that in theory, at least, you could be right.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post

But a show still needs to be internally logical. A diamond-allergic person in a world where elephants are made of diamond should have allergic reactions when eating those elephants.

Bolded are logically unsound things when compared to the real word. But the situation as a whole is logically consistent in the terms of that world.
That's an excellent, excellent point.

This is precisely what I mean myself when I talk about logical consistency. Not that a show can't be incredibly weird and fantastic compared to the real world, but just that it internally makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post

I can think of ways... here is one. Feel free to tear it to shreds.
Kyubey is the evil antagonist; he has been torturing Madoka. But at the last episode, he fixes ALL of the world's problems. That makes him good on the whole, no? Madoka's suffering was just a test!
Ok, that I could see. In fact, that could be rather genuis. I'd get a really good chuckle if this is how it played out.

Quote:

An antagonist is defined as the opposing character against the protagonist. If you'd like to argue that Madoka is not the protagonist, I would disagree.
Madoka is a protagonist, so I agree with you here.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-02-24 at 02:50.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote