View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 07:42   Link #195
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I think a director who operates with this sort of mindset is a bit questionable
Why?It shows he's done his research,read the source and knows what what fans of the source material are looking for.

The mindset isn't "I only care about fanservice" it's "I figure people reading this manga like fanservice,so that's what I'll give them"

Reck,If you'v been reading HoTD for anything other than fanservice you've been doing it wrong,I mean it's a manga where the writer and artist were codenaming female characters based on breast size before giving them formal names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker
oh ok, guess it balances it out. . .although I didn't really like the second half of death note but still
That's in the manga,and I always thought the "second half" (which is really the last third) was better in the anime than the manga,mainly by cutting out a whole lot of it.

Seriously,death note is one of the rare cases where I read a manga before watching the anime and still ended up liking the anime more.

Tetsuro Araki comes from madhouse,and madhouse is a director centric studio (I got that from attending a Q&A with its founder and asking the question of writer/director dynamics),so I doubt he'd be the type tojust sit back and let the writer do whatever he wanted.
That said considering I like death note,hotd as well as Kurozuka and Sakura no Mori I'm more than willing to overlook GC