View Single Post
Old 2009-11-25, 01:01   Link #2746
Aaerul

Sharin no Kuni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
This game really interested me, but I've been a bit reluctant towards it, because the plot pissed me off. I hate seeing people being controled into doing something they don't want to...
I put quite a number of hours into this game 'Sharin no Kuni'. Whilst the premise is excellent, and the drawings are certainly pretty, this product suffers from tremendous amounts of padding. Granted, all bishoujo games are full of filler and nonsense dialogue, Sharin no Kuni goes to the extreme. It insists on repeating days and days worth of events which all surmount to nothing. It insist on dragging its emotionally charged 'story-hooks' on and on until you are simply drained of all teary stamina.

While I enjoy the further and further depressing truths behind each character, rhetorically, the same amount of effectiveness could have been achieved in far less time.

The executive summary to my roundabout way of how i write my sentences is this: Its a nice premise with average characters and a Lot of filler. Your overall satisfaction upon completion of this 'game' is dependent on how much you dig either the tsundere or the emo-lonely type girl.
<Rage>***And just freaking kill me already. I swear if I have to hear Mana-chan's high pitch voice one more time...***
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote