View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 06:40   Link #46
Zhaxra

My favs would probably be Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, and Beauty and the Beast. Which is funny because I'm not a fan of musicals. Ah, the Hunchback of Norte Dame is another one I liked because it was dark and the hero didn't get the girl. Beauty and the Beast is probably the most notable as the animated film that was nominated for an Academy Award. Boy I so wanted that to win.

I think when it comes to Disney's 2D animated movies for the theatrical release, I've pretty much enjoyed them all because they were at least fun. Except for the Black Cauldron. That was a tug of war battle between two factions and the losers ended up being the audience. I saw Song of the South when I was a kid, but sadly I don't remember much of it at all.

Picked up Sleeping Beauty on blu-ray recently and it outshines my dusty Laserdisc version by leaps and bounds.

Heh, this reminds me of when I was five or six years of age, my parent took me to the theater to see Snow White in and when the witch disguised herself as the old hag, it scared me so much I hid under the seats and my parents had to pry me from out of there.

I also second 'the Iron Giant'. It is an awesome film.