View Single Post
Old 2011-03-15, 22:04   Link #161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't know what kind of logic they use on IMDB to classify movie. The word mystery certainly doesn't appear on the wiki page unless in the meaning of "something that can't be explained". That's probably the same meaning IMDB is using it and not "murder mystery".

Anyway that doesn't change the fact that Space Odyssey doesn't really have a set explanation, and it isn't even meant to have one. The meaning of the movie is that there are things in the universe that are beyond human comprehension. "Beyond human comprehension" means that you can't possibly understand them and it's pointless to try.

That's why comparing it to Umineko doesn't work unless you admit Umineko isn't meant to be solvable.

Quote:
Half of you have Umineko avatars or sigs or quotes, yet none of you even liked the damn thing, in the end? Very depressing.
I even made fan works based on it. It's extremely depressing.
But at least there are some parts that I liked. I can't respect the structure of the story, but I liked the narrative style and the ideas attached to it. Those are the things I tried to emulate in my work, so it's not that bad.

I think Renall has it a lot worse since he actually tried to emulate the mystery side of Umineko.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-03-15 at 22:14.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote