View Single Post
Old 2004-08-27, 13:07   Link #60
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Oh shit! She has more than one tone of voice or is there little to know difference between her other voices that you can tell with your mad skillz? (Yes. Skills with a "z".)
I'll try to respond to the question, although the wording is such that I'm making a rough guess as to the poster's intent.

If it was an honest question, then I'll simply answer yes, both characters have multiple tones of voice and I can tell the difference.

If the intent was sarcasm, then I don't see what the object of ridicule was supposed to be. Was it making fun of my ability to distiguish tones of voice? I thought anyone could do that. Maybe it was making fun of Misty's (AKA Kasumi) English VA, in which case I have to admit some ignorance. I haven't watch but a small percentage of the run of Pokemon episodes, and I've never seen one where Misty gets as emotional (either angry or sad) as Nami does in One Piece. While her normal tone of voice would work perfectly for Nami when she's just being herself, I'm unsure if the VA could realistically portray Nami when she goes off the deep end, specifically in the Arlong Park storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
This' one battle that 4Kids'll never win. With all this constant bashing of the company.
This is one statement I can completely agree with. With everyone so set to hate the product, there's no way 4kids can gain acceptance for the dub.