View Single Post
Old 2011-06-05, 04:02   Link #365
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
You could just, ya know, ask SaintessHeart to swap his Arondight for a different sword, since your OC's backstory is kinda reliant on Arondight?

Like this:

SaintessHeart, would you mind changing your OC's sword for a different one? Perhaps Galatine, the sword of Sir Gawain, or maybe Gram, the dragonslayer?
I just realized that Gawain or even a later descendent could've forked up seperate branches of the family tree, making them distant cousins, leaving the sword the only point of contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Somehow I knew this would come up

You're thinking of Curtana, the "Sword of Mercy" or "Edward the Confessor's sword", one of England's Holy swords.

Cortana on the other hand is a legendary sword of the French wield by Ogier the Dane which according to legend, bore the inscription "My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal."

If you're interested to know, there's also a fourth sword in that poem
Way to kill my rocking Queen Mother fantasy...

Ah Tristan's sword. It would be interesting for Athra to slowly gather up all the Matter of Britain descendents. Probably organized into smaller groups, but altogether the Round Table would be something in the 200s to 300s if legend is to be believed.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-05 at 05:32.