Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-02, 13:32   Link #1054
Trespur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I think you can read and memorize all the tips and tricks that go with dating, but they never really help much. As a guy, what helped me most was to dive straight in and get experience. It really is a simple matter of doing it.

What do girls look for in a guy? Who gives a shit. How can I get a girl to like me? You can't, you can only be yourself and believe that a girl will like that person. You say that, but a girl has never approached me or shown interest in me? That's because you don't give yourself the chance. Go to parties, or someplace with a crapload of ladies. You'll make mistakes and feel like a complete douche without a doubt, just don't take it too seriously because it doesn't matter. Most girls will overlook any flaw if they like your vibe.

Hakisak's advice is good because it doesn't overcomplicate the issue. And yes, please get over 2D girls if that happens to be holding you back.
I used to be a complete social recluse until my senior year of HS when I started to actually hang out with my friends a bit outside of school. So far, my freshman year of college, I've made many friends but I didn't go to a party until around november. Now I go out all the time and I have noticed that it's not that big of a deal really. About a month ago, I was approached by a girl for the first time in my life. However, I just talked to her like she was a normal human being. Unfortunately, she left several minutes after we talked. I was approached by two girls (one was very good looking) two weeks ago at a party.

Now, I can easily make small talk and make girls laugh. I can't seem to get beyond this though. I have plenty of female friends, but that seems to be all I ever get. Everytime I talk to a girl I end up in the friendzone even though I'm confident and funny. I'm not the best looking guy (slowly working on this, got a good haircut this weekend, working on getting rid of the last remnants of my acne, losing some weight) but I'm not bad either. Maybe it's because I look much younger than I am. I'm short and have a baby face and girls always call me "cute" and want to hug me but unfortanetly I think it's the bad type of cute.

How can I escalate things beyond just a small chat? I really don't know what to say. I can literally talk with girls for hours on end but nothing ever goes beyond this. What do I start to say or do so things go beyond this? I mean I want to bring things to the next level with a girl, but I really have no clue what to do. Probably doesn't help that I never started trying till college, so I'm really confused on what to do. Do I ask them out on a regular date? But what about meeting a girl at a party, seems kind of weird to ask them out there? I'm just really confused, I honestly have no idea what to do. I know what I want but have no clue of how to get there.
Trespur is offline   Reply With Quote