Thread: Odin Sphere
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-29, 09:36   Link #36
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I intend to pick this game up at some point, but the slowdown issue also bother's me a bit. Some of the boss designs also kind of seem overly huge and ridiculous, but I guess they want you to actually hit the target you are aiming for.
They arent as bad as some of the older 2D scrollers. Hell, if you played Shadow of the Colossus, these are peanuts compared to those heh.

8 hrs in, i just finished Gwendolynn's chapter and moving onto Cornelius. A little more tips for beginners. Don't buy items with your Valentine Gold or Aerial Coin, they are rather uncommon and are the coins needed for the restaurants and cafe.

For alchemy, make use of the multiplication rule. A Material (3) flask mixed with another Material (3) will yield a material (8). The higher the number, the more phozon it yields on creation.

Pay attention to the amount of heals and xp some food provide. Some gives small health and lots of xp boost and vice versa for others. Until you get the healing flask recipe, you ll be relying on your food for healing most of the time.

For combat, short combo and hit run are the safest way to get through the stages. There's plenty of space for you to run and Gwendolynn's glide and dive attack makes it easy for this kind of tactic.

For the slow downs, it usually helps if you don't leave too many phozon flying around. The slowdowns occured because there's too many objects in the stage. Use a cyclone to clear out the reinforcement and suck in those phozons.