View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 05:06   Link #13
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
You have a point . But well, attempts to make clear-cut and exhaustive classifications within the mainstream area is pretty difficult. A large number of LN (eg Library Wars) have their manga adaptations serialized in both shounen/seinen and shoujo manga magazines.
Yeah, but only few male oriented light novels get shoujo manga adaptations. Most male oriented light novels get manga adaptations in shounen/seinen manga magazines, and those that get shoujo manga adaptations are usually those that get/will get animated, to attract more female watchers...

Also Library Wars is not a good example, it wasn't serialized in Dengeki Bunko Magazine, and wasn't published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko. Its more of a "general" light novel.

Quote:
Anyway IMO Dragon is the most "shounen" among all, simply because of its excessive use of furigana: a pretty redundant and distracting feature for serious readers.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts its associated labels (Fujimi Fantasia Bunko and Fujimi Mystery Bunko) also target the same shounen audience (teenage boys).

Quote:
Dengeki, though largely caters to the moe otaku crowd, from time to time have serious stories of such a depth that you would only expect to find them in serious literature magazines. Maybe that is the reason why it is the only one classified as ライトノベル中心の小説誌 in Japan.
That's why Dengeki Bunko and its associated light novel magazine (Dengeki Bunko Magazine) are my favourites moe + serious stories makes me a happy guy