Thread: Nozoki Ana
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-14, 08:17   Link #72
Shadow5YA

I really don't think Emiru is as complex as people think she is. She is definitely different, but at heart she is just a passionate girl who loves seeing (Kido's) emotion and relationships unfold right down to the sex.

Socially, Emiru is strange because she is so open about her sexuality when in most cases sex is a very taboo adult subject. Her values are different from the norm, which is why she has been said to have her own little "world".
It would be difficult to find the correct adjective to describe her, because any single word pinned on her would have some contradictions. For example, a person could all Emiru an exhibitionist, but that's not really an accurate term because she still keeps her sexuality private and is only open around Kido and in their apartment complex. Emiru can't be called lustful, because she is very picky about who and what she likes and knows how to control herself in public. There is just no way Emiru would make any sense from a "traditional" moral standpoint.

That is why Kido initially found Emiru to be an annoyance. For a person who is (or was) mostly normal and well grounded in society, being watched while having sex is a little disconcerting because sex is supposed to be a very private act with no third parties involved. However, I think that Emiru is still driven by a simple concept to see honest, passionate relationships unfold. To that end, she'll find ways to spy on Kido, who is physically honest himself, but I think that is the extent of Emiru's scheming.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote