View Single Post
Old 2011-02-26, 08:26   Link #1067
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kawamori was the creator of Escaflowne, did screenplay and was the story editor as well as supervisor of the team. It's silly to downplay the involvement of Kawamori in that series which was pretty much his baby. The biggest misconception about Escaflowne is that Kawamori did the mecha designs for the series, he didn't do that all which is surprising for a lot of people.

I've already said that not every Kawamori show had a bittersweet ending so I don't know why you're listing all his shows that didn't. But when Escaflowne, Macross Zero, Aquarion, Macross Frontier Movie and more than likely Aquarion 2 (and maybe Arjuna) have bittersweet endings than...

Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu only lists him as the original creator and it seems he had no input after coming up with the concept.
Arjuna's ending was kinda bittersweet in that the main character loses her ability to talk, and it seems that she becomes unable to walk as well, but by then her boyfriend can understand her without words anyway and just wants to be with her. But yeah its pretty much implied that they had a happy ending (at least in my opinion).