View Single Post
Old 2011-05-03, 19:54   Link #1
Mashda2k6

Racism, share your thoughts/experiences.

Hello, people of animesuki. Today I would like to share my own experiences and ask for yours. Also discuss racism in general and your views on it.

I hope this thread is appropriate[and that the contents of my post aren't in another thread.]. I also hope people will contribute their feelings and thoughts on this matter. I'm interested.

How often do you face racism? Is it physical or verbal, examples? Ethnicity and age and sex?

And to the people that virtually never face racism( I don't like to generalize in anyway but probably Caucasians, no offense or anything but I'm tired and can't think of any other way to form this question). Do you tolerate it, ignore it or challenge it? How, why(upbringing, justice-seeking, friends)? Examples.

Also directed at Caucasians: How do you feel about immigrants in your countries? Lately I feel it's becoming normal thinking that immigrants do all the crimes and steal the women and live off benefits without doing jobs and if they don't do that then they steal the jobs of the natives etc.

Also, I would like to ask, which country do you think is the least rasistic and why? I know that racism is everywhere and will always be but still I'd like to hear your opinions on this aswell.

And how do you think racism will change, if it will during the next 50 or 100 years? It is after all a part of human nature but will it lessen or get stronger? (I really aren't educated enough to give an opinion on this so I will leave that to you.)
Will we one day have a world full of people mixed with many races or will we before that have a Fourth Reich and all people of color exterminated?

Myself, I'm 18 years old and live in Finland. I've been discriminated since I can remember. I'm half-african and half-european and I certainly haven't violated the whole "When in Rome.."-policy.

Verbal racism towards me was naturally more upfront and usual when I was younger, in elementary school and junior high. Since high school not many people call me upfront with the n-word. However, subtle racist looks were part of my daily life then and are to this day.

Physical racism is a bit more rare, partly because of my peaceful nature. The only real assault was when I was 13 and a young blossoming skinhead beat me up at school even though I never had seen or talked to him before. Nowadays I sometimes get pushed at clubs or insulted but again I avoid getting beaten up cause I don't have the balls to stand up to these 20-something year old neo nazis.

Hope you feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts and experiences on racism and its effects on whatnot. and thank you for your time.
Mashda2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote