View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 02:33   Link #137
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What's somethiing to be wondered is why it has to be green and not the same eye color of the right eye...
Because heterochromia is hawt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post

I also believe that, even without a satisfying conclusion in episodes 11 & 12, it'll be too harsh to call the solution of the phenomenon's mystery by Mei's left eye a deus ex machina. The deus just made its appearance at the end of episode 10, during Kouichi and Mei's conversation, but the machina has been onstage for the entire story: she's been wearing the eyepatch since episode 1, we've known she has a doll's eye that can "see things that should remain unseen" since the beginning of episode 3, we've known that she lost that original eye to a tumor when she was four since episode 6, and we've known that Mei adamantly believes that Kouichi isn't the Another -- and that she has said so with her eyepatch removed -- since the end of episode 7.
I don't consider it a DXM at all, as you say, the mystery of her eye has been developed throughout the story. She didn't just whip the eypatch off and say 'Surprise!' in this episode, we've seen her without it multiple times and she's talked a fair amount about her doll eye already. If anything, the big reveal about her eye has been built-up to this entire time.

If you want to see what a real DXM looks like, make sure you finish watching another show which will end this season, and you'll know exactly which one I'm talking about if you're following it and you watch the ending!

Spoiler for which show it is, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW WHICH SHOW I'M TALKING ABOUT FROM THE HINT ABOVE:

Quote:
So, I can't find fault with the show on those grounds. However, I will agree that the most intriguing aspect of the phenomenon is that almost everything it does has a natural explanation even if it's a supernatural occurrence, while Mei's "magic eye" can only be explained supernaturally. Again, I'll give Another the benefit of the doubt for now, but it may end up degrading the quality of the show and/or the show's conclusion.
Again: Yomiyama Misaki appearing in the class portrait of the original Class 3-3 has no natural explanation. The entire show is built on a supernatural premise.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2012-03-14 at 03:51. Reason: please use the edit button or the multiquote feature instead of double posting