View Single Post
Old 2007-12-14, 08:44   Link #81
bungoman

Robotech: Invasion

I'm a huge Robotech fanboy, so like three years ago when I learned there was gonna be another Robotech game for the PS2, and this time based on the events surrounding the Invid Invasion I was stoked belief. When I got the game home and started playing it though I kinda felt a little disappointed that none of the main characters from the show made a big presence in the game. The graphics weren't awful or anything, but they sorta screamed "budget title" at times. The controls were very confusing at first, but I adjusted and soon found them to be adequate despite not being entirely intuitive. I guess my main complaint with the game is the repetitiveness of the gameplay. You basically walk through linear levels (some of which are really cool, others which are boring and badly designed) and shoot a seemingly never ending stream of Invid. There was some innovation here and there, especially in the Invid hive levels, but overall nothing that really grabbed my attention. It disappointed me so much because the concept had such great potential but it seems like some parts were rushed and it was so inconsistent.
bungoman is offline   Reply With Quote