View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 16:33   Link #30
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Was that Cornelius Alba?
That it was, and I honestly thought that they were about to have Touko Aozaki save Kerry at the end there, since I remembered that some were speculating that she was the one to preform the surgery on his flashback during the Keyneth fight (blue hair and all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So this is how Kiritsugu became an assassin for Inferno... xd
I know right? I swear the casting in this episode was more like a tribute to Gen's earlier work than anything else. Poor Zwei, first it was lulu that brings him down then he loses Ein in this way ...

On a more serious note, Miyu Irino as a younger innocent Kiritsugu was wonderful to hear, and how he reacted to having his entire world crumpling down around him made me sympathies with him. Ayahi Takagaki as Shirley was great (Kerytugu~<3), especially when she asked Kerry to stop her. Really powerful scene right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
So Kiritsugu's first gun was TT pistol? Nice
He was a natural from the get go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Justice
So it was for both, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
So disappointing Ufotable.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean it was a poor adaption. Aren't you finding a fault with the writing than anything else? I mean, if you think that Kiritsugu is a failure as a main character, that has to be the fault of the original writer who chose to make him appear like this. I don't think there is anything ufotable could've realistically been able to do, unless change the script drastically from how it happened originally.

Even then, having not read the novel, I thought this was an excellent episode in regards to being a stand alone story of who Kerry was, how did he start to become the sort of person we got to see in the majority of the series, and how did he start to travel down the path of darkness. I thought it was fascinating, and all around excellent as an anime episode. I don't know how well it does as an adaption, maybe they removed a lot of things or rushed a lot of stuff, but as far as I care, it worked in delivering it's message, and making me care.