View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 11:26   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think this second episode confirms the little issue I had with the first episode: it is quite the irony, but they stick to the VN script a tad too much to the point it is way too slow (the first half jabs and all are quite too slow in their execution, so there is some "momentum break", an evident example would be the title gain). But because they do things a bit in a half assed way, some parts are just redundant: Masato and Kengo's fight doesn't look like a fight at all if you ask me, and adding the game SFX while the visuals don't match is is a bit on the random side.
At least, the baseball sequence flows way better, with the tsukkomi-antics being smoother.

I think the series might go too linear at some point, due to how they tackle only a character per episode, which doesn't make much sense with the setup (at least, good to see they show the issues Rin has with other classmates, otherwise we might have the impression there isn't really anyone else aside of the main cast).

Also, I can't help but wonder why they put such a tone on Riki's narcolepsy, as if it was a severe ilness (so the "cliffhanger" at the end was sort of too dramatic for its own good).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-13 at 12:44. Reason: typo