View Single Post
Old 2009-03-20, 10:03   Link #1893
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
We know that robots are incapable of natural emotion because their brains do not function by hormones, but rather, by electrical charges. It is the difference in the pulses that determine their next course of action. Simply put it, even robots are capable of showing empathy and conscience, they are still limited by the logic gates installed in them. Thus what they do will be simply be as predictable as a game of rock-paper-scissors, their choices are determined wholly by computer logic, which is then determined by the amount of computing power present.

Zeroth Laws are usually created based on the fundamental idea of balance and relations, be it indirect or direct. It breaks the asymmetry of the other laws it comes with, thus it could be said that Zeroth Laws are the "obvious" and "must exist".
When you have quantum level technology and is good at it, you can create artificial brains better than human brains.

Human brains, human physiology is just an extremely complex computer plus machine and most of them function at a molecular level. Given good nano and quantum technology, you can create a robot that functions at a much higher level, essentially a more advanced entity than humans.

Human brains and logic, though complex, can definitely be replicated in a computer program and be used as an AI.

Given the technology, you can create humans and robots that essentially think the same way, just that there's no need to make robots think the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
for you, i'm sure someone will argue with you about it. i won't, since i can't say akiha is cuter, since she isn't... she's just nicer(which is my weakness... to nice innocent girls)
Akiha definitely is nice, kind and caring is the way to go. And be badass when she needs to be.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote