View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 19:47   Link #162
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
I just don't like Manzai humor in general, and Kyoani comedy has always been hit or miss for me. In Nichijou I could laugh a lot in one episode or find their comedy absolutely boring and tripe. But that was a comedy anime, and Fumoffu (their best comedy in my view) was a lot of years ago and a through and through comedy too. Their comedy bits in Clannad or the other Key adaptions never managed to amuse me, and I only started laughing at K-on!'s character focused comedy a bunch of episodes in when I was invested in the characters.

Perhaps this will be good, seeing as how they're going to add a lot of original material, they could bring in Gatoh to write some funny skits or something. But I'm being wary when it comes to expecting greatness in that aspect.
On the other hand, if the animation isn't absolutely delightful and varied (especially varied) I'm going to be really disappointed.
Yeah I'm in a similar boat, just find manzai comedy a pretty worn concept and don't really find a lot of the gags that find their way into the routines very funny since I'm more into black comedy and straight up satire. For that reason I've always had a pretty tough time with Japanese comedy....even Gintama sometimes fails to work for me and that's IMO one of the more funny comedy anime out there. This means I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Kyoani comedy as well, and it's made many of their shows difficult to watch for me because of their frequent reliance on it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote