Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-17, 17:52   Link #1087
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Jupp. The future Laguna I use has also a blind eye.

Actually I find this a lot more interessting, not only because it makes her a handicaped character like Keroko stated, but also that 'magic damage' can even cripple people.
I just assumed that Storm Raider wasn't firing "magic damage" in the sense that we mean it (after all, we know that there are a variety of ways for magic to inflict "non-magic" damage; the first-encounter-with-AMF-drones in the manga goes through several). I mean, Nanoha would have just Divine Bustered the whole room and sorted the unconscious villains from the unconscious innocents. If the sniper rifle is set to "stun," then Laguna's injury, the potential for her to have permanent damage, and Vice's psychological hang-ups that are a strong contributor to RF6 losing the base all don't make any sense. Frankly, that entire psych-impairment is a complete wallbanger if he's shooting non-lethal magic damage.

Oh, hey, wait: in the RF6 battle, Vice is destroying Gadget Drones left and right. Since I think we can rule out him being a powerful enough mage that he can just overwhelm their AMF, that comes close to proving that he can fire physical damage.

(Oh, and from a narrative perspective, I do have to wonder about the idea that Laguna's eye is injured. That kind of paints Vice's recovery with an odd brush; I find it a lot easier for him to recover his confidence to help protect Tia from "Oniisan's such a numbnut; see, I'm not hurt!" than from "Oniisan shot my eye out of my skull, but I really don't blame him!")

Oh, hey, last question: where does it say that Laguna is Vice's actual sister as opposed to just a random kid from a hostage situation? I missed that completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes she did. Erio and Caro have trouble seeing her as a mother though, and see her more as an older sister.

Also, Nagumo is a girl.
Isn't that partly because while Fate adopted them, at the time she wasn't old enough to be their legal guardian so Lindy filled that role, making Fate their older sister in legal terms?