View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 20:04   Link #364
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Mashiba became a protagonist later on when he changed his attitude
Nah, he became a protagonist because of Kumi

I think that Morikawa in all these years is "building" Ippo as a mix of fighters, the strength of Takamura, the wisdom of Kamogawa, the Status of Date. Figths like the one against Gedo make him to know the dirty fights...

The key against this monkey, it's the same that we saw recently in Takamura's fight against Brian Hawk. Remember what said Hawk's second, how wonderful Takamura was at balancing the isntinct and the technique, he was amazed by that and i think that he's training this boy with that in mind.

Ippo's goal are to beat Miyata and Ricardo Martinez (please isn't "richardo" it's "ricardo" ), so to do that, he will need all the tricks the world knows. Thus, Morikawa is making that Ippo, fight after fight, not only stronger but an ultimate boxer able to defeat Martinez in an epic and clean fight. But he can take all the time of the world (come on, Ippo can reach the 1000th chapter easily ).

This arc will be about the "wild ippo", the "takamura" inside Ippo. Ippo will need Miyata's velocity to catch a monkey i guarented you.