View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 03:10   Link #484
calubin_175

We should be expecting a TE World Guidance Book from Enterbrain next year according to the Comic Market released Lunatic Dawn 7.

I've just bought my Integral Works recently so thankfully this new coming book won't necessarily be a perfect substitute. I think we should expect a new Integral Works at least when a successor to the Takemikazuchi has been incorporated into a story or when the new Muv-Luv hype has slowed down a bit.

Lunatic Dawn 7 has been reported to include explanations of 8 TSFs, one of which is the JAS-39 Gripen. It also revealed the pilot of the 1998 Takemikazuchi.

So unlike Gundam, which gets new material through Gundam Ace on a monthly basis, Muv luv has always been limited to the yearly Lunatic Dawn publications and a yearly Chronicles release, as well as Tech Gian and Hobby Japan photo stories. But now we also have Dengeki Muv-Luv. Don't know how long it is going to go for though. It may be of a similar release to Dengeki SRW, which began even before its anime hype.

I just hope that the Dengeki Muv-Luv mangas don't get too prolific and stuff up the Muv-Luv universe, hopefully they all go through Kouki first.

I am actually a migrant from Gundam and intend on completely abandoning it. The fact that it is was a samurai looking multi-colored semi-super robot back in 1979 just cannot be made any more realistic even with modern redesigns of UC mechs. Muv-Luv is relatively more hard sci-fi and also focuses on mecha beauty as well, though incomparable to that of Five Star Stories due to in-universe cultural differences.

Last edited by calubin_175; 2012-12-31 at 03:20.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote