Thread: Crunchyroll Area no Kishi
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 19:07   Link #321
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Episode 29:
  • We start off with a friendly match between the Nadeshiko and Russia
  • Mai plays the game like a selfish "$!%! instead of relying on teammates once again
  • Seven was there again to save Mai's sorry butt and Taeko should have scored the winner if it wasn't for Mai's selfishness.
  • Mai's pissed about something, but I wish the teammates start voicing out how fed up they are about her selfishness
  • Some solid training sessions by Enoshima; very well done.
  • I lol'd at Araki when he was told there would be 20 more runs to make uphill.
  • Nice tag marathon run, especially when Seven runs after fatty Araki, and vice-versa before Araki falls in the river.
  • Mai asks Kakeru to use the men's showers and then drags him in.
  • Seven arrives just in time and speaks with Kakeru about Mai's issues.
  • LOL at the judokas!
  • Kakeru finally got the call from the JFA to play as with the U16. *opens up the bottle of champagne*

Kakeru was quite hilarious in that episode; I still get vibes from the manga when I think of that scene in the shower rooms. I can't wait for the baby-faced assassin to play with that blue shirt on.

About Mai... I want Mai to improve as a character (who wouldn't?) and as a player for the Nadeshiko since we see more of them in the anime than in the manga. However, someone should think about firing Takeda, bring on someone with a Ferguson-esque stern face of a coach and have such new coach who's not shy of letting Mai warm the bench as a punishment for her selfishness. The only way (and I mean it when I say it), really the only way Mai can grow as a player is through the presence of a stern disciplinarian to show her how it's done. It's one thing for Seven to still believe in Mai, but getting rid of that selfishness requires some horse remedy.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote