View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 03:10   Link #96
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Waste several pages beating a dead horse in a chapter thread, rather than actually discussing the chapter. And we're only 5 pages into the thread.

This is why I don't post here anymore.
Every. Single. Chapter threads for the past several month, quickly derailed into arguments that has little to do with the current chapter.
And all by the same four or five users, every time.

*sigh* The whole point of having sub forum seems to be wasted.
Hey I just started reading One Piece after having given up on it years ago, because Naruto and Bleach started to suck and I needed a new manga to read. I am just saying that the these "hey look this guy might be dead just like the other 30 times I pulled the same stunt" is keeping the drama to a low.

It's still a good manga (sure is a whole lot better than Naruto, and Bleach) just not the GREATEST MANGA in the world I kept hearing about.

As for the Impel Down arc, it was pretty good. The one thing I did like was that scene where Hannyabell pointed out that Impel Down does do a lot of good, and how Impel Down is needed. Now let's see some more of that, and less of the stereotypical shonen stuff. If you look at the series closer the peace of the world outside Grandline seems to be based on the Pirates and World Goverment's opposing each other.

If the World Goverment defeats all the Pirates than they will have free reign to broaden the opression using the Marines, if the Pirates overthrow the world goverment they will be given free reign and the world will become chaotic. Compare the New Wolrd to the rest of the Grand Line, than the Grand Line to the rest of the world.

Now that's an interesting idea and I hope Oda digs deeper into it from now on.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2009-06-26 at 03:29.