View Single Post
Old 2010-04-08, 21:55   Link #2099
AC730

Generally nearly all computer should be able to handle 720p.
You just need to use the correct video player.
Now I recommend CCCP, which is a file composed of all the codecs that you will ever need for your anime, for me that is. It also includes Classic Media Player which is a good player for .mkv plus .ass soft-subs.

The issue is the amount of soft-subs the computer has to handle.
qq and II subs translates as much as they can on screen. So what happens is the computer has to render all the soft-subs with color and text type on screen as you watch it. Sometimes the audio lags as well, this might be because of decoders running when they aren't necessary. I can help with that because my computer loves to mess up my audio for me, it just requires tweaking of decoder settings for the audio.

If the problem is soft-subs, I recommend encoding the subs, aka hard-subbing it. But the process maybe tedious. However if you want to view this on your Television it works better for game consoles or just any digital player in general if you DON'T have a Blu-Ray Player. If you do, just plug the file right into the player.

And yes, if you don't have a 1080p TV I strongly suggest 720p because it is not worth all the trouble of all the processes of getting subs encoded or whatnot. I can help with the encoding if you need help with it. But encoding is mostly for players that don't know .ass files like a portable player or mp3 player with video capabilities.

@ Azuma Denton, that would be very helpful thanks! Can you display the links to the torrent and your edited script? Thank you.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote