View Single Post
Old 2019-06-26, 22:33   Link #843
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Why don't others use the firearms? No reason at all, other than the game world is made to allow for a world where a gunman and an archer are probably equal.
Game mechanics aside - in the real world, bows had several advantages over the rifles of the time - it's not without reason that no less a figure than Ben Franklin had argued (unsuccessfully) for their being standard-issue for the Continental Army (reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't know. He seems to at least realize it works like a game. It's just a real game world, where things follow a fair amount of game logic but things still have consequences... He just keeps saying it's real to try and get through to the others the sort of weight their actions have.
If I recall right, each of the other three had their own example of Failure to Do Research and/or Failure to Follow Through. And for irony bonus, it's Itsuki who drops a variation of a quote famously attributed to one Mr. Parker... I don't recall if it's before or after his own slip-up.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote