View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 01:57   Link #27
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Okay, actually I have one specific issue. Does Amati know exactly who and what Horo really is? Because I don't recall seeing anyone let him in on the big secret. Even if he did somehow manage to win this duel, he'd be in for a big surprise on his wedding night. And yet, that fact hasn't been addressed at all. It's just kind of hanging out there - and it's mocking me.
Amati obviously doesn't know, you think he'd be trying to pay her non-existent dept if he did. The kid is smart but also quite naive. As to why Horo would go and maintain that charade... well your second paragraph pretty much answers to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The other thing bugging me is that I wish we could have seen at least some of what Horo's going through at the moment. She's just gotten the shock of her very long life - news that her home might not be there any more. Her entire world has been turned upside down, and more importantly, she's not in control any more. How is she handling that? Yes, we're getting to see a good story with Lawrence, but I feel like there's a lot more being left by the side of the road.

And wouldn't it be fun to have Lawrence take Horo for a visit with Deanna?
Indeed, it would be.

They can't really show Horo in this little arc, a big part of the suspence comes from us not knowing how the wolf goddess really feels at that point. It's a bit disapointing for some people, but I prefer it that way myself.