View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 20:09   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
it wouldn't surprise me if nomura thought more about the games development after hearing complaints about FF 13 (i'm totally aware there are seperate teams for each FF 13 game) from their fanbase and decided to delay the release date a bit further. he's worked on many games that i've played and loved, so i'm sure he'll make this a great game when a launch date is given.
It's funny because it doesn't take a genius to figure out what can make the Final Fantasy franchise respectable again. Simply give the player some actual input in the game that matters and thus a stake in the characters plight rather than having them basically act as bystanders in an high budget visual novel. This simple concept seems to be eluding Square Enix as of late as they seem to strive to make even their flagship franchise as much like visual novel as possible.

I plan on playing it safe with this one and really paying attention to what the reasonable fans say about it. If it becomes clear that it's just another visual novel disguised as an RPG then I want absolutely no part of it. However if it turns out there's actual decent game play involved I'll be all for it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote