Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 21:23   Link #182
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Fish Girl just up and leaving the show never to be seen or heard from again, the plot with Sugata's troubles that just sort of ended without any real buildup to a resolution, the one about Takuto coming to the island to find his father that was almost immediately forgotten after the first episode only to kind of be brought back in the dying hours of the show, the one about Wako's past life on the island with that statue, Head's motives for using the Cybodies to suck all the life out of the world and what in the hell that had to do with his dead wife, that girl with glasses who was a maiden whose name escapes me's relationship with Sugata and what exactly she was doing with him, the whole thing about Sarina being an alien and where the cybodies came from and what they were supposed to be used for, Simone's whole deal with Ms. Watanabe, and many others that didn't have much in the way of closure or really any explanation at all. So many plotlines were raised and then almost immediately dropped or never fleshed out to any significant degree in a way that I don't think I've seen since Gundam Seed Destiny.
Hmmm...

1. Fish Girl just up and leaving the show never to be seen or heard from again...
- I don't think there was any room for her plot other than being the one who tells, part of it anyway, the story of the Star Drivers.

2. the one about Takuto coming to the island to find his father that was almost immediately forgotten after the first episode only to kind of be brought back in the dying hours of the show....
- Chekhov's plot? But I am kinda reminded of it every time painting of "R"(?) keep popping up.

3. Head's motives for using the Cybodies to suck all the life out of the world and what in the hell that had to do with his dead wife...
- I don't think it has anything to do with his dead wife. Seems like he's just playing around with her at that time. To suck all life might his way of revenge, or he was corrupted with power. His dad obviously didn't give him the mark of their family prompting him to find someone willing to give theirs to him to the point of using BL.

4. Simone's whole deal with Ms. Watanabe

- Didn't she blame Watanabe for her mom's death? She was partly mistaken about that one though.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote