Old 2012-10-21, 23:36   Link #70
F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
What is "too dark"?
Not being able to see what's happening.

Quote:
I've asked you over and over again to explain how you can possibly think that an experienced director who just came from doing one of the most critically-acclaimed OVAs and was then working on one of the top-rating series at the time could have made such an elementary mistake.
The director is not solely responsible for film editing. Nippon Animation has never been known for their quality productions (apart from select works from World Masterpiece Theater).

Quote:
You've made big claims. You haven't done shit to back them up.
I find it hard to believe you would honestly defend ANIMATION STUTTERING as anything other than a fuck up, but hey - give me some time. All I can present you with are clips from the original series that show signs of shoddy production, if you want something more, then let me search for it.

Quote:
Show me posts. All edited posts are null and void.
So all in all how many said this? And oh, only a few months ago? Out of how many years you've been a fan?
Posts? A friend of mine brought it up as we were re-watching the original series. I'm positive it's been discussed before (maybe not here).

Quote:
Why shift the discussion to the series as a whole and making it seem like 1999 fans an unappreciative people?
I never insinuated that.

Quote:
Personally I was so nervous at the beginning of the episode because I wanted this, out of all other, to be good so badly. I loved the last episode and in the past, many important scenes in the series have been done well, so I had my hopes for this episode.
It was good. I would agree with you that the fight scene fell flat if it wasn't for the fact that it was ALMOST IDENTICAL to Nippon Animation's. As mentioned, time and time again, the ONLY difference was how dark Nippon Animation's was and I would be willing to bet a hell of a lot that that was not a stylistic choice. The pitch black massacre at the auction was not a stylistic choice. The animation stuttering and SEIZURE-INDUCING FLASHING was not a stylistic choice.
F21 is offline   Reply With Quote