View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 10:35   Link #57
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
They didn't announce it as TV, might end up just being OVAs covering Vol 1 .
It's true that SAO is not yet confirmed as TV anime. Everytime when I heard the announement of anime adaptation for one LN series, TV animation pops out from my mind almost immediately. But yeah, I do think OVA for Vol.1 is another possibility as well given the unique plot structure of SAO. There are people who even think SAO should be a series of movies like what Kara no Kyoukai did. Every format (TV, OVA or movies) seems suitable for SAO's unique plot structure. My previous post was my speculation based solely on TV anime format but now I think my new speculation (actually what I hoped for) might be a variety of three formats:

TV anime 2 or 3-cour for first six volumes (SAO, ALO and GGO) and "Murder Case in the Inner Area" in Vol. 8 (I still think the first six volumes can be covered in TV anime if the side stories can be arranged chronologically into Vol. 1 episodes).

OVA for side stories "The First Day" and "Caliber"
Alternative: If the producer thinks they cannot fit Vol. 2 side stories into Vol. 1 episodes, OVA might be the better choice.

Movie for Vol.7 "Mother Rosario" (The story seems fit for anime movies)

TV anime 3 or 4-cour (may be split into two to four seasons) for Alicization arc (no doubt about it given the length of Alicization arc).

However, it is up to the anime producers to decide. I wouldn't mind if it's OVA all the way or a series of movies just like Kara no Kyoukai or whatever combination as long as they can present the story properly.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote