View Single Post
Old 2010-07-14, 23:19   Link #84
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's Nerf or Nothing. Real ammunition worries, possible ambush from all around, and even melee weapons are not all that effective... until a boxer guy socks you in the face and KOs like two other folks. Yeah, melee weapons are still under scrutiny now.
Yeah... you don't get a lot of melee practice with HvZ... at least not at my school since they're banned. On the other hand, you do get all the wonders of learning how to take a random group of people and forge them into a passable squad. Ammunition isn't quite as worrisome since you can always pick up darts and have things like the 35-shot drum magazine that fits on almost every gun.

Quote:
i think people underestimate the power of melee weapons in the zombie apocalypse, depending on what type your talking about i think they would do just fine, Have you ever watched to TV show Deadliest Warrior on spike?
The problem is that melee has some serious disadvantages. For starters, it DOES put you directly in contact with zombies and one wrong move will spell your death. In addition, true melee weapons like on Deadliest Warrior aren't all that common. Those are weapons designed to crush skulls and are used by very powerful warriors. While plenty of objects can be used to lethal effect, they won't hold up or necessarily give the one-shot kills of those weapons. Nor is the average person going to be strong enough to consistently pull off those kills. Its why training is one of the most vital things you do to prepare for zombies.