View Single Post
Old 2006-03-01, 21:04   Link #86
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Its a matter of trust, not simply over a broken promise. Shirou gave his word that if there was danger he would summon her right away, and what does he do? He forms an alliance with Rin, an important decision, without consulting her. Then Heads off into another potentially dangerous situation with Shinji and Rider. If one was to judge his actions alone it would seem that he has very little faith in Saber. He says one thing but does another, and disregards everything else to do what he percieves as right. Sure its admirable to try to protect a girl and all but is that really what Saber wanted? I can understand Saber's fustration, being kept away from the major events and seemingly having her opinions waved off. Sure he treats Saber like a human not a weapon but would a person listen to someone that wouldn't listen to them?
I can understand Saber's position as well, but it doesn't mean what she did is necessarily right. The fact of the matter is, neither of them really think all that much about the other person's POV. In a master-servant relationship, either the master has to be dominant or he has to be willing to listen to the servant's advise. But either way, the servant should not just go off on her own.

That's why I said they really need to define the nature of their relationship. It's obvious that Shirou doesn't want to think of Saber as just a servant, and that creates room for Saber to exert herself. But since Shirou is being ambiguous about it, Saber doesn't think too highly about him (though a big part of this may be due to his lack of power/motivation/knowledge) which can be a problem in a life-or-death situation.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote