View Single Post
Old 2010-01-19, 04:09   Link #1604
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Yes. Albeit just slightly, Accelerator's existence does disrupt on the prescence of magic. Etzali, who has been using magic all the time to maintain his disguise felt pressured when Accelerator is closed to him.

Basically, the purpose of the AIM is to create an artificial alien world (the imaginary number school sector) to... how do I put it, squeeze out the alien world of magic.
Magic works by borrowing thr laws of an alien world and wrote it into our world through certain formulas. But what happen if we create an artifical alien world and have it cover our world, then there is no room for the laws from the alien world of magic to be written in, and thus those who use magic shall implode.
YES! Score 1!

But for people who use their own life force as magic, does the AIM world overwrite it too?

Quote:
You know what, this might work. Have Vent cought into a large AOE attack by accident. But the person who'll trick the esper/magician to launch the attack might be hit by the Divine Punishement first, as they directly schemed agsint Vent.
Score 2!

Quote:
As for Accelerator's manipulation of AIM. No, he did not take over Kakine's Dark Matter as in taking over AIM. Rather, he included the entirety of Dark Matter into his vector calculation and took over the control. (which is pretty insane I might add, as Dark Matter is already jamming the laws of reality by itself, and Accelerator is actually able to calculate all the laws that has been rewritten and take control).
...Damn, ah well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

So he can't hijack AIM outright. Okay, I'm ask it directly now- Is there any way Accelerator's power can protect him from powers that don't have Vectors, like [Mental Out] and [Teleportation]?

Quote:
In other words, Saints themselves are primary producer of magic power as they have Telesma themsleves. Normal mages are secondary, as they have to borrow their powers from other beings (evoking other gods, using symbolic weapons or idol theory, or refine their powers from other sources like their own life force).
What is the Idol Theory?