View Single Post
Old 2006-10-07, 00:32   Link #25
retardation
phantom loser

despite zaris' review, i still give this a 6.

is the story original? yes something exactly this hasn't been done before but it's mostly just a mixture of a bunch of things that i too often find in animes... a fantasy world turning out to be a post apocalyptic future of our earth, dr jekyll and mr hyde hero and villain, opposing forces who represent ultimate values. i mean i'm not even against those things per say but i'm just a little annoyed when they happen to be the punchline/twist in a story. i mean i don't mind a good twist but if the twist is going to be another planet of the apes spin then i just get annoyed. i mean if it had presented itself as a sci fi type joint from the beginning i wouldn't feel so insulted.

next there's not enough explanation in this anime. either there are plot ends that just aren't fulfilled or there is too much filling in the audience has to do with regards to important subjects. the most glaring one is what is the relationship between aruruu and mikoto? are they the same person? is she her descendent? what gives? i mean i had to read a lot on the internet to ascertain what was going on overall with the plot. what was hakuro doing in all the time between the incident at the laboratory and the incident where he made the pact with aruruu? what was up with winged eruruu or was that kamyu in that scene in the end of the movie? too much stuff that i feel needs to be answered isn't answered.

then you had too many characters in this piece too. i mean it did a decent job with most of them but i felt that certain characters were pointless. touka and kaura were not really necessary for anything. i guess if it was a longer series they could've built them up. i mean i liked them in the anime because they're cute but i felt that there was a character overload in this.

as for art i didn't really dig the coloring. i have strange taste though. the action scenes were kind of blocky too... and the cgi lol. i'm not really one to give a show a lot of bad points for animation however.

a positive point of this anime was that aruruu and hakuro had a really developed and believable relationship. i liked that a lot. i thought the whole contract thing was just an unnecessary variable though.

also the whole aspect of hakuro's controling the kingdom was cool. i found this actually to be the most original thing. it's like an anime version of playing a strategy game like warcraft. usually commander types aren't heros as much as hero types like say oburo.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote