View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 03:41   Link #486
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They fear what Obama will do. Rational thinking ended at that point.
And that's what depresses me. Romney isn't getting support because he is somehow hiding the fact that he is a bad candidate; he is getting support because his allies don't care that he is a bad candidate.

In a Democracy, bad candidates and politicians can't really hurt the country. But irrational voters can and would sink a democracy.

I was reminded of the fact that Ancient Athens once invaded a neighbouring nation only because the voting public think it was a good idea. America can survive with Romney as the GOP candidate, but Romney voters worry me.

Even if Romney lose, his voters will remain. And THEY are the real problem.

Voters are the true heart and soul of a Democracy, no matter how many people on this forum claim that voting is meaningless. In fact, voters ARE the country. So those who vote Romney are representing America. That they are fine with him being the president because somehow, "Obama is the worst POTUS in the history of the nation".

Quite literally, if Romney wins, I will be writing off United States as a lost cause. And that's a lot coming from me, who was raised on pro-America propaganda in Taiwan and once though USA was the greatest nation on Earth.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-09-17 at 03:51.