View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 13:13   Link #3879
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw! Did you properly play Urare? Did you experience some kind of discomfort like I described when playing it? I play Rance as well, and as you know, a lot of the H-scene there are outrageous. But, when I play Rance why didn't I feel the same crushing nausea as when I play Urare? It actually felt invigorating playing Rance, especially when the Rance theme starts playing, even though what he does is absolutely terrible.
Define proper play? I managed to finish it once but have yet to unlock any CG's. My japanese is very basic to begin with so that probably saved me from the rather depressing dialogue between the main character and the heroines.

I don't think I felt the same nausea playing this game as you did. However I did feel sorry for my initial "members". The game for me turned into helping those 3 make it through the end in one piece, (no negative status or N rating) rather than actually caring about the named characters. (Twisted logic really, when releasing them after the 1st turn should make more sense.)

Discomfort? Like the feeling I got when I realized that the gameplay is all about turning characters into commodities that degrade over time so I can profit off them? It was there but I've been desensitized by doujinshis I read before.

And yeah, Rance is more enjoyable because the ero is just a small part of the bigger gameplay. Hare Urare focused solely on the abuse of characters.