View Single Post
Old 2013-08-10, 20:30   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I wonder, is this is this how it's supposed to be had NekoKuro never made into an ova or Shaft is missing their deadline again so they decided to give us this stock episode for this week instead.
If you want my guess... I suspect that there will be 4 of these recap episodes, one in between every arc. (This episode was "Highlights I", and had a to be continued for "Highlights II".)

Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)