View Single Post
Old 2008-04-16, 22:35   Link #101
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I dunno about this now. I'm too addicted. I have 9 characters between the levels of 5 and 10. I login every second I'm not spending with my GF or asleep... HEEEEEEELP!!!
Hm?! that's strange.

I have 1 main character and started 2 others out of curiosity for the other classes.
It takes me 3-4hours to get a character to lvl15 (5-10min to 10, easy )

I'm wondering how bad you must of played, since you sound like you're playing a hole damn lot. >.>

My flyff Rating:
  • It's cute! (+1)
  • It's soo~ easy. (-1)
  • Some motivation to deter mindless farming. (+1)
  • Items require only levels, not stats. It's very boring and it gets old, having weapons which are a little dependent on X and Y stat is somewhat fun. (-1)
  • No special weapen drops, they have to be awakened. (-1)
  • Down-Leveling. Cool, but it should probably be a little harsher, so death is feared. (+1)
  • Neutral & Aggresive monsters (no opinion)
  • Level Cap. I'm not sure, I may be wrong; but since from what I see you don't receive experience for monsters which are 5-10 levels bellow yours I suppose there is theoretically a limit imposed by the games mechanics. (-1)
  • Damanged based on element affinity. (cool)
  • Flying (+1)
  • Strange class names, like Billposter (for Damage Based Priest) or Acrobat (instead of Archers) (-1)
  • Class evolution tree. (+1)
  • Actions. You have (for example) only 3 or so abilities, but the way you mix them in a combo can make a difference. (+1)
  • Over the top Cash Quests. At some point I was fighting monsters +4lvls and getting somewhere around 40 or what was it. Then I complete the quest, it gives me as reward 40000 (the equivalent of beating 1000 monsters; c'mon) (+1)
  • Not much variety in quests. But their cute. (+1 -1)
  • Items have a chance to drop. This drops with levels. If you have +6lvl your chance is somewhere around 0.0001, this leads to a lot of "masochistic" quests. (-1)

The really really bad part here is that advancing to a higher class requires you to collect some items from level 1 and 3 depending on class, should you have failed to collect or keep them, you have 0 chance of collecting them; and the really sucky part here is that you don't gain any experience whatsoever until you advance. Really really stupid unnecessary trap. (-1)

There is one very good consequence here. It so happens that having that this actually encourages players to take a blast at other high level monsters (+1); honestly it's quite easy, for example: me lvl5 can defeat big bad lvl11 monster with the aid of 4-5 health potions. The down side is that you won't really get any item drop unless your one level bellow the monster. Apparently the way all this is calculated is that the chance of droping an item grows higher when the absolute value of the difference between your level and that of the monster is close to zero. Also, "isolation" increases the drop factor, meaning monsters at the edge of the spawn pool drop more often. (-1) This could have been implemented with sooo~ much more finesse.

• Non kill em' All Quests (+1)
  • Search Quests (+1)
  • Half-decent story telling (+1)
  • Very decent skill trees with possibilities for multiple builds. (meaning it's not just the one way) (+1)
  • Kinder-garden/Anime-ish monsters, towns, worlds and characters. Sort of amusing and good way to waste time. (+1)

Total: +14 / -9 Decent