View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 18:42   Link #2043
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
He destroyed all the worms. Since this is Gil, I highly doubt he dtepped on all of them. He probably swordspammed it. And any defenses Zouken left is nothing to Gil.
Where do you get that from? All the game shows is Gil going into the room and trodding on a few worms.

Quote:
For me, that's one of the problems I have with that pairing. Two people that utterly depend on each other to that unhealthy level shouldn't be in a relationship until they sort out their problems.
I disagree entirely. Being in a relationship allows them to sort out their problems.

Quote:
That's why I like Shirou with Rin. They don't utterly depend on each other to live, but they are together solely because they like and trust each other.
The same applies to Sakura and Shirou. They are together because they like and trust each other. It's just that, for both of them, the happiness of the other is what matters to them. With Shirou and Rin, Shirou will want to make Rin happy, and won't care about himself, which isn't a healthy relationship. Rin will simply take advantage of him. Perhaps not intentionally, but it will end up happening. Plus, her constant Tsundereing will turn his life into a living nightmare....

Quote:
Yes. That's why I said it's unhealthy.
How does the fact that they can't live without each other make their relationship unhealthy? Besides, Sakura is not normal, and nor should she be expected to be after what Zouken put her through. She needs someone like Shirou to support her (Rin is totally useless in that respect, because she lacks the emotional intelligence to handle Sakura in that state).

Quote:
The point is that superheroes do what's best for everyone, not just who they like.
Yes, but they also don't kill innocent people in cold blood. Also, there are plenty of cases of superheroes putting their loved ones first. In fact, virtually every superhero is forced to do that at least once. It's just that there are rarely the explicit consequences that we see in HF.

Quote:
I suppose, but the same can be said of Sakura fans who dislike UBW and Fate because they don't show Sakura being saved.
Well, I dislike the fact that Fate and UBW tell us nothing about Sakura's situation, and force us to guess (unlike HF, which makes Saber's situation clear enough...). Anyway, I'm not complaining about Saber fans saying "I don't like the HF ending because Saber dies" (because I simply can't like the UBW endings after playing HF), I'm complaining about Saber fans who think that Saber absolutely must be the centre of attention and main love interest in all routes, and thus can't comprehend that, in HF, she's just there to drive the plot along.

Quote:
Hell, if you look at the Zelretch's Box scenario in Atatraxia, which seems to be set in the UBW True End storyline, he isn't a tool, is he?
Where do you get that idea from? HA is a mish-mash of all three routes, and Shirou's feelings for the girls (and thus, presumably, opinions about his ideals) come from all three. It's certainly not set post-UBW, at least not entirely.
Spoiler for HA:
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote