View Single Post
Old 2012-11-23, 15:43   Link #510
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Honestly, I'm a bit confused on the whole tracking the killer thing. I thought Hakaze had cast the spell which would lead Mahiro to the killer. And, even though we haven't seen that yellow trail since that episode, I've largely left it alone. But, here, it seems he needs Hakaze back in the "real" world, to show him the killer, which would mean I must have misinterpreted the whole tracking spell that was cast earlier (or it's just a fudge we're supposed to ignore).
They know it's someone from the clan. They don't know who.

Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm no longer sure if the reason Mahiro was heading to the tree was because that's where the killer was, or if he was just heading there to "free" Hakaze, so she could show him the killer.
Both? All the clan is gathered there for the ceremony. So the killer's there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Samon is one sick piece of work though. Floating around Hakaze's skeletal remains like that. Though on top of that I have to wonder if this guy is a pure idiot. How can he be doing all this if his safety net is dead? What's he going to do, communicate with magic with a ship two years in the past to bring in Hakaze?
Her being a safety net is just something she said. Try to look at it from his perspective. It's not that clear cut. Sure, if this goes south, she's their only hope. But her being alive to interfere with the ceremony almost guarantees it'll go south in the first place.

Quote:
In the end it's just a big argument based on theories. One theory the world is destroyed by the Tree of Genesis the other it's because they revived the Tree of Exodus. Depending on how pessimistic or optimistic you are one theory looks more right than the other. There is no way to tell which one of Hakaze or Samon is actually right here. I tend to lean with Hakaze since she wasn't the one who slaughtered entire cities based on a theory. Seems like Samon's group just wanted to feel proactive so they did something. He didn't want to feel like a "slave" to the Tree of Genesis, so this seemed like a good enough plan.
I... rather sympathize with Samon. The Tree of Origins will set things right, but what does it see as "right"? I'm not sure it includes human civilization.

Quote:
Regardless good job Samon. Just told the guy with a gun that could lead to pure destruction that there is no way to find out who killed Aika. Thus giving the person with little to lose in the first place nothing to lose by ending the world and guaranteeing the person who killed Aika dies in the process.
He just told him Hakaze can't help. If worse comes to worst, he can always "confess" and offer himself as a sacrificial goat. Or push some other member under the bus.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote