View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 18:50   Link #23199
HuuskerDu

Post The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya

I'm using the world of Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan to write a series of fan fics with a heavy Sci-Fi theme so I can kick around some philosophical ideas (and to kick around some philosphers). It features Kyonko and her interactions with her mentor, an older married Kyon.

Kyonko is such a fascinating character. I really love her. And having the sassy but sexually inexperienced teenage girl meet her own grown-up and world-weary married gender-opposite counterpart is so much fun. I am gradually developing Kyonko's character in depth (over 40,000 words currently), and building up her relationship with her older brother from another universe. With Kyonko being female, it makes her character rather different from the original canon Kyon in some surprising ways.

Although it is not a literal genderbent (Kyon and Kyonko are separate people), the series does feature all the genderbent characters, including Haruki, Yuuki, Itsuko, etc.

The first story is called The Realization of Haruki Suzumiya. It is an introduction for readers who are unfamiliar with Suzumiya Haruhi no Seitenkan.

The primary story is called The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya. I admit I play around a lot and do a bunch of mind screw with lots of humor, and I am messing with your head , but I am deadly serious about the philosophical arguments I'm trying to make. The story is basically a playground to kick around a bunch of philosphical ideas about epistemology and ontology, some silly , some deep .

I am not including a link because I'm not sure if the rules allow it. The link for the main story is in my signature below.

-HuuskerDu

Last edited by HuuskerDu; 2013-06-21 at 23:57. Reason: Tweaked
HuuskerDu is offline   Reply With Quote