View Single Post
Old 2015-11-14, 21:26   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I tried but meh the author stretches the plot thin with so many characters. I'm more interested in the boss lady and her husband and that plot gets put on the back burner much too much for my taste...

As an example the cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Certainly the main complaint I hear is that people like one or two specific characters, and don't like the long story arcs for another character interrupting their favorite character's story.

That's an unavoidable difficulty in a story told using story arcs and multiple protagonists with different story lines.

Jin Hui Cho certainly got a lot of attention for a while right after the Unity Camp arc.

I guess it's easier for me, since although I do have my favorite characters and story lines, I don't really mind the other characters getting a turn in the sun.

My favorite character is Ari, but the most interesting story line to me is Soo Jin's. And MiMi's is quite the mystery, so I get a lot of enjoyment out of three of the heroines. Jin Hui (the Boss Lady) is also interesting.

Na Young's story is touching, and Chae Rim's story is a nice break from all the drama surrounding the other five.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2015-11-14 at 21:42.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote