View Single Post
Old 2022-06-27, 12:28   Link #15
Homura7

It's really not that difficult to figure out where the new story's going. The major beats will still be there and the journey will largely remain the same, otherwise the games wouldn't have FFVII in the tittle.

But there's following the major story beats, and there's having them play out the same. And let me tell it to you straight, THAT scene's not going to happen like it did once. There would be no point, as it would defeat the entire purpose of the new story.

Maybe because I'm not blinded by nostalgia and because Square reinvented the concept of remake to deliver something new rather than having the same stuff in HD like we were used to, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing FF7 REMAKE, and I felt overjoyed at finding out the game wasn't a remaster but a stealth sequel of FF7. And because of that, I took notice of every major hint and every important piece of narrative that will play a important role later down the line.

If you played REMAKE, then you should have an idea of how's REBIRTH going to play out: story will follow all the major beats and locations with some minor changes and a major turning point in the final chapter. With that in mind, is very easy to guess which specific location the game will end up to: City of Ancients.

But if there's one thing I'm sure the next release of FF7R will do is tear apart the shipping fandom. The devs are not playing around anymore in that regard, not with one of the random lines from the trailer being Aeris's famous "I'm searching for you". Only this time she actually says "I'm STILL searching for you", translation taken straight from the japanese trailer because english localization department messed up as usual. Not like that really matters, but I think is still worth pointing out.

IMO FF7R was meant to happen. That last close up of Aeris right before the credits rolled had been always a major hint, and so was the exposition in Cosmo Canyon. Nomura also once stated that AC wouldn't be the last entry. The title REBIRTH is also very important, as the core theme of FFVII is Life.

Or as Nojima said: the story is easy to pick up.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote