View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 21:28   Link #111
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
- The rivalry between Kiritsgu and Kotomine, two characters that the show desperately wants to convince us are idealistic opposites is so far one of the weakest I've seen in an anime like this in a while. I think this owes to both of them being about as dry as a log that's just spent an hour or two in a bonfire. As such I could not possibly be less interested in seeing their eventual squaring off right now if I tried. This should not be the case where the main protagonist and antagonist are easily the most boring characters in the show to me. This is a huge problem.
So would you prefer if the two characters constantly narrate their thought? Because that's how most of their development came up in the novel.

I really felt that most of the important element are what the character thinks at the moment in the novel. (None of them are talkative people in the first place and professional killers make it a habit of not speaking much) This is the main fault with any adaptation of books, considering how incredibly rare is it to have a film constantly narrating the character's thoughts.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote