View Single Post
Old 2004-05-27, 22:40   Link #35
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Though it seems to have been a trend as of late, the Forum & Site Feedback forum was not created as a soapbox for people to insult moderators or criticize the relevancy of the rules. However, that's all perfectly acceptable because it is feedback. This forum was created to criticize the rest of the forum, including the rules. If users think a rule is unfair, then they can post their thoughts on it here and it may or may not be discussed by the moderator team.

However, there's a lot more to feedback than rule criticism. There have been many threads about feature requests, changes in the layout, connection problems, etc. Very informative threads where users give their thoughts on the matters that relate to how the forum is run, and how they want the forum to look. In the reputation thread, there are many discussions about ways to change the reputation system, or people's thoughts on whether or not negative reputation should remain intact.

Feedback is a necessary part of improving forum software. I mean, if you don't get any feedback, how the heck do you know what you should do?
Actually I did know that their is feedback to improve the forum software etc. I just wanted to point out that the feedback forums are also there to criticize our circumstances now to improve them later on - which also includes discussion about rules. Look at the Naruto Forums, they got a gigantic thread about the rules and they adapt them to the needs of the users there. I could have shortened this by saying I agree to what you said, but I wanted to elaborate on the points
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote